1. Be in at least the 8th grade or 12 years old.
2. Plan and execute a one-hour Sabbath camping activity other than
worship to make the Sabbath a meaningful experience.
3. Write a 200-word essay on the preservation of the wilderness,
discussing etiquette and conservation.
4. Plan your menu for a two-day camping trip and estimate the
5. Participate in two weekend campouts.
Start a fire in wet
weather, knowing where to get tinder and how to keep your fire
Know the wood best suited for making a quick, hot fire.
Know the wood best suited for making coals for cooking.
9. Demonstrate how to split firewood.
10. Demonstrate the proper care and storage of camp foods, and how
to build various caches to protect food from animals.
11. Prepare a camp dinner with soup, vegetables, entree, and drink,
all of which must be cooked.
12. Bake your food in a reflector oven.
13. Purify water by three different methods.
Skill Level 2