1. Be at least in the 7th grade or 12 years old.
2. Work for three hours on a wilderness beautification project,
such as making or clearing a trail.
3. Review six points in the selection of a good campsite. Review
the safety rules of fire building.
4. Go on a weekend campout.
5. Lay the following three fires and tell their uses:
a. Star fire b. Hunter=s
fire c. Reflector fire
6. Know six ways to start a fire without a match. Build a
campfire using one of the following:
a. Flint b. Curved
d. Metal match e. Spark f. Compressed air
7. Know how to properly sharpen a hatchet and knife.
8. Cook a one-pot meal using fresh or dried food.
9. Describe the various types of tents and their uses.
10. How does condensation occur in a tent, and how can it be
11. Demonstrate your ability to anchor a tent down, using the
taut-line hitch and two half hitches.
12. While camping, plan and give a ten-minute devotional or
organize and lead a nature Bible game or lead out in Sabbath School
or camp church or vespers.
13. Properly locate and build one of the following and describe its
importance to the individual and the environment:
a. Latrine b.
Shower c. Camp
sink and dish washing area
14. Demonstrate four basic lashings and construct a simple object
using these lashings.
15. Know how to replace the mantels on a camp lantern. Demonstrate
how to refill gas in a camp lantern and stove. Know how to maintain
the pressure pump on a camp stove in good working order.
Skill Level 2