Be at least in the 5th grade or ten years old.
2. Understand and practice wilderness and camping etiquette,
regarding preservation of the outdoors.
3. Know eight things to do when lost.
4. Be familiar with various types of sleeping equipment suitable
to location and season.
List personal items needed for a weekend campout.
6. Plan and participate in a weekend camping trip.
7. Know how to properly pitch and strike a tent. Observe fire
precautions when tent is in use.
8. Know and practice the proper principles for camp sanitation
for both primitive and established campsites.
9. Properly use the knife and hatchet. Know ten safety rules
for their use.
a. Demonstrate ability to choose and prepare a fire site.
b. Know fire safety precautions.
c. Know how to properly strike a match.
d. Practice building a fire with use of one match, using only
Demonstrate how to protect firewood in wet weather.
11. Bake bread on a stick.
12. Describe the proper procedures for washing and keeping clean
the cooking and eating utensils.
13. Describe sleeping wear and how to stay warm at night.
14. Draw a spiritual object lesson from nature on your camping
15. Explain and practice the motto:
only pictures and leave only footprints."
Skill Level 1