requirements for the Windsurfing Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Have the Intermediate Swimming Honor.
- Learn the meaning of the following terms:
- Across the wind
- Basic starting position
- Beginner's checklist
- Board control
- Center line
- Center plane
- Forward hand
- Mast position
- Points of the clock
- Sail trim
- Self rescue
- Scissor technique
- Visual reference point
- Know the names of the board parts and demonstrate how to rig
your own sail.
- Explain the basics of sailing theory.
- Define and demonstrate the basic starting position.
- Define and demonstrate the four steps to tacking.
- Define and demonstrate the four steps to jibing.
- List the seven starting sequence steps used to start a
sailboard moving through the water.
- Answer the following questions about safety:
- What safety equipment should be worn while windsurfing?
- Why is it important to know the local weather forecast
before going out on the water?
- When first learning to windsurf, why is it important to be
in an enclosed or protected area?
- What are the hand signals for "Everything is
okay" and "I need help"?
- How should the sail and sailboard be cared for to keep them in
good working order?
- Successfully sail a sailboard to a visual point of reference
and return to the starting position.