Skiing -Down Hill (R-37)
requirements for the Downhill Skiing Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Know the advantages and disadvantages of metal and fiberglass
- How does the sidecut of the skis help the skier turn?
- What general rules would you use in selecting the proper
length of skis and poles for yourself?
- Know boot designs and how these features affect your skiing.
- Why is proper binding adjustment so important? What determines
- Know what a safety strap or ski break is and explain its
- What should you do if you come upon an injured skier who has
not yet received any help?
- Discuss and practice good sportsmanship at ski areas.
- What care should be given ski equipment after its use? What
should be done with ski equipment before its use each season?
- Ski intermediate slopes under control and execute turns in
- Know how to get on and off a chairlift, T bar, or J bar
correctly and demonstrate through experience, without
endangering yourself or others, your ability to ride this