Rock Climbing Adv. (R-32)
requirements for the Advanced Rock Climbing Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 3
- Have the Rock Climbing Honor.
- Know and demonstrate the use of all special rock climbing
equipment, such as bongs, RURP's, knifeblades, bolt equipment,
hero loops, runners, etriers, and mechanical ascenders.
- Show how to use all free climbing moves, including: foot
edging; finger-tip clings; lay backs; hand, arm, foot, and leg
jamming: and stimming while climbing at 5.6 (F6) difficulty on
practice cliffs using an upper belay.
- Show how to belay properly and safely a lead climber. Show
that you can catch a falling lead climber during a practice fall.
- Show how to lead and follow (by jumaring) a continuous Class 6
direct aid pitch of A2 difficulty of at least 20 feet.
- Show how to raise and lower, using only normal climbing
equipment, an injured climber safely and relatively comfortably.
Construct a rope litter and demonstrate its proper use.
- Participate in at least two multi-pitch climbs of 5.4 (F5)
difficulty or above, involving at least 120 feet of climbing
each and leading at least two of the pitches.
- Select a minimum of bivouac equipment, including food for a
supper and breakfast, and spend one night bivouacked on a rock
ledge at least 30 feet high and reached by mode-rate climbing,
hauling equipment up by proper rope hauling methods.
- Demonstrate basic map and compass use. Explain how the map can
be useful to the rock climber and how to determine compass
bearing from the map.