requirements for the Power Boating Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Have the Advanced Beginner's Swimming Honor.
- Know the laws regulating pleasure boating in your state or
- Know what hazards of weather can affect boating safety and
- Know the nautical rules of the road and waterway aids to
- Know what safety equipment, signaling devices, and lights are
required on Class A and Class 1 boats.
- Know and practice boating safety rules.
- What should the passengers do if the boat capsizes?
- What is the General Prudential Rule?
- Know the meaning of the following boating terms:
- Aft or After
- Show how to properly operate a power boat by doing the
- Assist in putting a boat in the water from a boat trailer.
- Check for all safety equipment. Check fuel and motor.
- Start motor and get underway from a beach or dock.
- Drive boat in a straight line for one fourth of a mile.
Make a 90-degree turn to the left and right. Make a
- From a stop, drop and retrieve the anchor.
- Dock or beach with proper tie up.
- Assist in loading a boat from the water onto a boat
- Know how to prepare and store a boat and motor for the off