Physical Fitness (R-28)
requirements for the Physical Fitness Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- List ten benefits of being physically fit.
- Know how the following help to achieve a balance for your body:
- Proper eating
- Emotional stability
- Define the following exercises:
- Know the meaning of the principles involved in the following
- Warm up
- Aerobic exercises
- Cool down
- Know how to determine your heart rate at rest and after
- Know how to determine the minimum rate at which your heart
should be beating to obtain the best aerobic conditioning effect.
- Using the four steps given in requirement 4, do a regular
exercise program at least four times a week for three months.
Keep a chart of the following:
- Type of warm-up exercises performed
- Type of aerobic exercises performed
- How long aerobic exercises were performed
- Type of calisthenics performed
For each exercise period, maintain the minimum heart rate
determined in requirement 7 for a period of at least 20 minutes.