requirements for the Archery Honor are as follows:
Skill Level 1
- Identify the parts of a bow.
- Identify the parts of an arrow.
- Name and explain the safety rules for archery.
- Correctly and safely string a bow.
- Describe and show how to use the following:
- Arm guard
- Finger tab or glove
- Bow sling
- String kisser
- Demonstrate the following shooting techniques:
- The stance
- Nocking the arrow
- The draw
- The anchor
- The hold and aim
- The release
- The follow-through
- Why is it necessary to have an arrow "nocking point"
properly positioned on the bow string?
- Shoot the required score for the National Archery Association
Junior Bowman Round or its equivalent.
- Know and practice the archery safety rules.