requirements for the Spiders honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Do one of the following:
- Collect, identify, and preserve at least 16 species of
spiders. Place on each specimen bottle a label showing the
locality and date of capture, and the spider's common name.
- Make colored drawings or paintings of at least 16 species
of spiders, life size or larger and in natural coloring.
Label each with its common name.
- Take color pictures of at least 16 species of spiders.
Identify each picture as to its locality and date taken, and
the common name of the spider.
- What is the largest of the spider family in your country?
- Write or give orally a description of the black widow and
- Give three ways spiders differ from insects.
- Make a careful drawing of an orb web.
- What other kinds of webs are there besides the orb web?
- What do spiders eat? Make a list of victims found in spider
- For what is a spider web useful?
- Find two references in the Bible to spiders and their webs.
- What are the chief enemies of spiders?
- How do spiders:
- Help us?
- Hurt us and our property?