requirements for the Advanced Seeds honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Identify from a drawing and know the purpose of each of the
following parts of a seed: endosperm, radicle, plumule,
- Know several differences between a monocotyledon seed and a
dicotyledon seed, and give three examples of each one.
- Explain the purpose and use of a 'rag doll' seed tester. Use
it to test the germination of 100 seeds of a wild plant and 100
seeds of a domestic plant. Report the results of each test.
- How does a seed differ from a spore?
- Have in your collection four kinds of seeds from each of two
families of plants, showing the similarity between the seeds of
plants in any one family.
- Write or tell orally two spiritual lessons we may learn from
seeds. You will find help in Christ's Object Lessons,
pages 33 to 89.
- Make a collection of 60 kinds of seeds, only 15 of which may
be collected from commercial seed packages. Label each one with
its name, and the date and locality where collected.