requirements for the Sand honor are as follows:
Skill Level 1
- Make a collection of 30 various colored sands and name the
locality where each was secured.
- What does term 'sand' mean? Name two kinds of sand.
- Give the origin of sand and mineral content.
- What is the difference between sand soil?
- What is meant by shape, surface, grain fracture, and grain
- Define the following and give the use of each:
- Glass sand
- Molding sand
- Polishing sand
- Building sand
- filter sand
- Furnace sand
- Lake shore sand
- Examine five types of sand specimens under magnification and
observe their various characteristics.
- Memorize Genesis 22:17 and Proverbs 27:3.