Rocks and Minerals Adv. (N-39)
og mineraler II
requirements for the Advanced Rocks and Minerals honor are as
Skill Level 3
- Have a collecion of 30 rocks and/or minerals, 20 of which you
have personally collected. Label each specimen with its name,
and the date and locality in which it was found.
- Know two minerals that belong to each of the following crystal
- Know Mohs' scale of hardness and the simplifed field tests of
hardness. By using these field tests, collect a scale range of
specimens to form your own hardness tests set.
- Do one of the following:
- Know and tell two different processes by which metals are
extracted from ores.
- Know eight minerals and tell how each is used.
- Define the following:
- Fibrous fracture
- Vitreous luster
- What four metals are frequently found in native or free form?
- Discuss the content of three statements from the Spirit of
Prophecy concerning rocks or minerals.