requirements for the Reptiles honor are as follows:
Skill Level 1
- Name 15 reptiles (lizards, snakes, and/or turtles) found in
North America. Tell where they live, their food habits, and
their economic importance.
- Name five poisonous reptiles of North America, and describe
the position of the fangs in each. Describe the geographical
distribution of these reptiles.
- Tell what to do if you are bitten by a poisonous snake.
- Tell what to o if you are bitten by a non-poisonous snake.
- Tell the life history of one representative of each:
- Compare lizards, snakes, and turtles as to variation in eyes,
ears, teeth, heart, lungs, limbs, tails, and scales (shells).