Mammals Adv. (N-30)
requirements for the Advanced Mammals honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- What mammals in your locality are protected by law? Why?
- How do the processes of birth and care for the young differ in
monotremes and marsupials from all other orders of mammals?
- Name five different ways in which mammals protect themselves
and their young, and cite an example of each.
- Name the mammal that has poisonous saliva, and tell the
purpose of this feature.
- What mammals are agents for the transmission of tularemia,
bubonic plague, trichinosis, and rabies?
- List 15 species of wild mammals which you personally have
observed and identified in the wild. For each one listed,
include the following data:
- Approximate date observed
- Habitat (woods, field, swamp)
- Time of day
- Behavior (what the animal was doing)