requirements for the Livestock honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Distinguish between the draft horse and the light horse.
- Identify from pictures or personal observation, and record the
height, weight, color, and disposition of at least three of the
- List four physical characteristics of the mule.
- Identify from a picture or live the burro. Give its size,
color, and usefulness.
- Identify from pictures or live animals four kinds of milk
cattle and four kinds of beef cattle.
- Know the milk-producing qualities of the Jersey, Guernsey, and
- What is the difference between the Angora and milch goats?
Give the distinguishing colors of at least three different
breeds of goats, such as Saanen, Toggenburg, and Nubian.
- Identify from pictures or live sheep and note the size,
markings, and general appearance of three breeds of sheep, such
as Merino, Rambouillet, Shropshire, Hampshire, and Lincoln.