Geology Adv. (N-22)
requirements for the Advanced Geology honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Provide the following information:
- How do earthquakes tell us what the interior of the earth
- How can a lot of water (as in Noah's flood) do in a few
months what a little water would require thousands or
millions of years to do?
- Why are evidences of glaciers seen in the New England
states where there are now no glaciers?
- How do creationists, who believe in a universal flood and
in a young age for the earth since creation, understand and
use the geological time chart?
- What is the continental drift (plate tectonics) theory,
and how can creationists fit such geological activity into
time since creation?
- Where in the world would you likely see:
- Large glaciers
- Active volcanoes
- Sand dunes
- Faultblock mountains
- Folded mountains
- Chalk cliffs
- Write a 500-word paper on one of the following:
- Describe the interesting geology you saw on a trip you
- Describe the geological activity that happened because of
a heavy rain, flood, or windstorm that you experienced.