requirements for the Fossils honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Make a collection of at least ten different kinds of fossil
and label each with its name and geographic location.
- Know the meaning of each of the following terms:
- Do one of the following:
- Visit a fossil bed. Make a written or oral report of your
- Visit a museum where fossils are on display. Make a
written or oral report of your trip.
- Describe the process of the proper removal of delicate
specimens. Tell how a skeleton of a dinosaur or other gigantic
fossil would be removed. Why should beginners not remove such
specimens? What should be done by the beginner when he finds
what is obviously a valuable fossil?
- Describe the process of cleaning up specimens as they come
from a field trip to make them ready for the museum.
- Explain the difference in the account scientists give for the
presence of fossils as related by evolutionists and creationists.
- What accounts for the existence of frozen animals in the
arctic regions? What accounts for their condition, and when did
they likely live upon the earth?
- Cite Bible and Spirit of Prophecy statements to explain the
origin of the following: