Flowers Adv. (N-18)
requirements for the Advanced Flowers honor are as follows:
Skill Level 3
- Identify in the field, photograph, or draw from live flowers
and correctly identify 75 kinds of wild flowers.
- Give the distinguishing characteristics of the flowers of each
of 12 common plant families.
- Show how to use plant keys to genus and species.
- Tell the difference between perfect and imperfect flowers.
What is meant by pistillate and staminate flowers? give an
example of monoecious and dioecious plants. Tell the difference
between monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
- From the Bible point out two spiritual lessons in which
writers used flowers for illustrations.
- Name and describe eight poisonous plants, noting the
particular part of the plant that is poisonous.
- Do one of the following:
- Name five plants that are of medicinal value and indicate
what part of each plant is used.
- Name ten wild plants that are edible in root, stem, or