requirements for the Fishes honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- Name ten families of fishes.
- Identify from pictures or personal observation ten tropical
fishes. Explain their breeding habits. Give the habitat or
country in which they are found.
- Identify from pictures or personal observation ten fishes
native to your own country. Know their feeding and breeding
- Define the following parts of a fish:
- Dorsal fin
- Pectoral fin
- Pelvic fin
- Anal fin
- Caudal fin
- Lateral line
- Swim bladder
- State briefly the proper care and feeding of fishes of a
tropical zone and of a temperate zone.
- Fill an aquarium containing at least five gallons of water
with a balance of plants and fishes, either tropical or native,
and maintain the same for at least six months.
- Note the effect of the following on the fishes and aquarium in
- Too much light
- Too little light
- Drop in temperature of water
- Too few plants and too many fishes