requirements for the Ferns honor are as follows:
Skill Level 2
- How are ferns different from flowering plants or tree?
- Where is the true stem of a fern? What part grows above the
ground? What is the most favorable environment in which ferns
- How do ferns reproduce? Locate and describe three kinds of
sori from three kinds of ferns.
- How do spores travel from the parent plant to a new location?
How long does it take a spore to develop into a nature plant?
Observe from live ferns or pictures how a young fern is
different from an adult fern.
- Know the medicinal uses of three ferns.
- Draw or photograph ten kinds of ferns properly identified.
- How are club mosses and horsetails related to ferns? Draw or
photograph two club mosses and one horsetail.