The requirements for the Edible Wild Plants honor are as
Skill Level 2
- Identify in the wild 15 edible wild plants.
- Identify in the wild or from pictures five trees and five
shrubs which are edible.
- Identify, prepare, and eat three kinds of wild berries or
fruits, three kinds of beverages, three salad plants, three
potherbs (greens), and two tubers or roots.
- Demonstrate how to prepare five parts of the cattail for food.
- Demonstrate how to prepare four parts of the common milkweed
or daylily for food.
- Explain how to identify three 'odd-shaped' edible fungi and
how to identify the deadly Amanitas.
- The roots of what two water plants were dried and ground into
meal by the Indians?
- What is the cardinal edibility rule?