requirements for the Birds honor are as follows:
Skill Level 1
- Give two characteristics which set birds apart from all other
- Name three flightless birds, tell what they eat, and name the
country or continent in which each one lives.
- Give the day of the week when birds were created. Find in the
bible the names of five birds and be able to name them from
- Write or give orally three ways in which God's love and
purpose is shown in the creation of birds.
- Make a list of thirty species of wild birds, including birds
from at least five different orders, that you personally have
observed and positively identified by sight out of doors.
- Make a list of five species of wild birds that you personally
have positively identified by sound out of doors.
- Do one of the following:
- Set up a feeding station and report on the bird visitors
observed for a period of seven days.
- Find a bird's nest, identify the species of bird that
built it, describe the nest in detail, observe the nest for
five days, and report what happened at the nest on each of